Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Irish Dinner

Sorry for the late post, but we had my dad's birthday dinner last night. And now to the review of our irish dinner.

I thought it was delicious. The food was a little saltier than my family usually has, but it was still wonderful. The highlight was definitely my mom's Irish Brown Bread. Every year she makes it for this meal, and I forget how much I love it. The two loaves she made have the base for my lunch or breakfast every day since Saturday. We also made corned beef, cabbage, and mixed vegetables.

For the corned beef, we just rubbed herbs into a corned brisket. We cooked it in the slow cooker with potatoes, turnips, carrots, and onions all day on Sunday. The cabbage was easy and quick. We just chopped and pan fried it with olive oil, garlic, and onions. I'll put the irish bread recipe in the Recipes page. The bread is very good warmed up with just a little bit of butter. It isn't crumbly like a lot of breads, and it strong enough to hold plenty of meat, cheese, veggies, or other sandwich toppings.

I'm working on trying to attach pictures, but a lot of them seem to be sideways when I upload them. Hopefully I can overcome this glitch and get some pictures of my meals uploaded soon!

If you have any questions or comments, post them here on the site or email me at talesofateenagelocalvore@gmail.com. I check it regularly and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment